If you are a business or life coach and want to improve your SEO, finding the best keywords for your content is essential. It is easy to find keywords all over the web. However, the goal is to find keywords that will help you out rank your competition. I am going to show you how to find keywords for coaches using free tools.
Before you begin your search, it’s important to understand your ideal client. The more you know about them the easier it will be to identify their needs. Often there is the misconception that if you narrow your target audience you will be missing out on business, but this is a fallacy. There are billions of people looking for service and products every day. You objective is to find those people who are specific to what you are offering and when you narrow your search you are more likely to find those ideal clients and convert them.
Once you have honed in on who you are trying to serve it’s time to begin your search for keywords.
The first tool we are going to use is Google Console. If you haven’t already signed up for Google Console, you can find great tutorials that will help you get all set up. Google Console allows you to use your own Google Analytics to find keywords that you are already ranking for.
How to use Google Analytics to find keywords.
1. Open Google Search Console
2. Select Acquisitions
3. Scroll down and select the Queries tab
4. Export the data
5. Sort the queries by Impressions from highest to lowest
6. Filter the keywords that have between five and 25 impressions.
7. Highlight the keywords in your list that you would like to research further. Try to avoid keywords that your blog or website has already ranked for.
Pinterest is not just a platform for decorating ideas. It is a great tool you can use to drive traffic to your website, and to find new keywords ideas.
1. In the Pinterest search bar start typing a term. Pinterest will automatically generate popular topics related to that term.
2. Select a term from the drop-down list of search phrases.
3. Pinterest will again auto-generate popular terms related to the selected terms. Colored boxes will appear below your selected term with further search result ideas.
4. You can select any of the terms find inspiration for new keywords ideas.
5. Choose some articles ideas and write more specific articles that target long-tailed keywords and target high-competition keywords.
GOOGLE SUGGESTED SEARCH
You can use Google’s search to come up with new keywords that fit your niche.
One of the best ways to find keyword ideas is by asking your ideal client. Find some Facebook Groups that are in your niche. Pay attention to the types of questions and comments that are being made. What are they struggling with? What do they want to learn how to do? Take note of the discussions and questions that are being asked and add those keywords to your list. If the keywords are saturated get specific or find alternative keywords to ensure that you are able to rank.
Ubersuggest is a paid tool. However, it also offers free resources. One of the great free tools on Ubersuggest is the ability to find your competitor’s top 10 performing pages. Your closet competitors will have a similar DA (Domain Authority) to yours. Make sure to turn on the free Moz extension to view your competitors DAs. You can find your competitions by viewing the SERP(search engine result pages) using your main keywords. For example, I would search Business and Life Coach for Women and view the search results to discover my competition. Once you have identified some of your competition you can use Ubersuggest to discover some new keyword ideas.
1. Open Ubersuggest, enter competitor’s site URL in the search bar.
2. Select top page on their side navigation panel. You can view the top 10 pages for free.
3. Select View All next to Est. Visits (estimated visits). This will create a list of the keywords bringing traffic to your competitors site. You can view the top five keywords to article on Ubersuggest for free.
4. Add these words to your list of keyword ideas to research further.
GOOGLE KEYWORD PLANNER
Google Keywords Planner is another free tool you can use to generate keyword ideas. This site also gives you estimated monthly search volumes.
1. Visit Keyword Planner
2. Select Discover new keywords
3. Type keywords (try to avoid being too general) and select Get Results.
4. Get results
Here are 5 great resources that allow you to find new ideas for keywords. When you are in an industry, such as a business or life coaching, that is competitive when it comes to SEO, the goal is to outrank your competition. Search for keyword terms that a potential client will be looking for—whether they are searching for a business coach to scale or a life coach to help them get out of rut. In order to outrank your competition you have to find terms that are searched, but not saturated. Take the time to learn how to find keywords for coaches using free tools that I have provided and I promise you will begin to make strides when it comes to your ranking.